Friday, June 12, 2009

Form letter & Envelopes

To answer a few questions:
  • *UPDATE* Read the comments for several suggestions on envelope suppliers. I got my envelopes from Staples. They are large, invitation-size. So I will only have to fold my letter in half and slip the photo collage in the middle. I know several people have ordered theirs online and I'll see if I can get that info for you
  • One super mom is working on a canned/form letter for those who don't have a personal story or just don't know what to say. She'll post it soon and you may copy/paste it in emails to Oprah and/or letters to Ellen (I'm going to look into an email addy for Ellen, too)
  • Canada: I don't know where to send them in Canada. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. I ordered mine from Paperandmore.com.

    A-9 Aqua Lagoon Metallic 5 3/4 x 8 3/4 (50 Envelopes)Product Code: 2524-06-050Qty: 1 @ $20.99

    Solid Aqua Text 60# (100 Sheets)Product Code: 3606-100Qty: 1 @ $6.99

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered mine from envelopemall.com. They were about $10 for 100 envelopes. Shipping is a little pricey but I couldn't find any in any stores around here. :-) They offer all different sizes on there ranging from about 8.95-11.95ish.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found several more address if you are interested:

    1. Washington Post
    1150 15th Street, N.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20071

    2. Letters Editor
    Chronicle Magazine
    901 Mission St.
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    forum@sfchronicle.com

    3. New York Times
    Letters to the Editor
    The New York Times
    620 Eighth Avenue
    New York, NY 10018

    4. President Barak Obama
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20500

    5. First Lady Michelle Obama
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20500

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost forgot this one.

    Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
    450 Golden Gate Ave. –
    14th Floor –
    San Francisco, CA 94102

    Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
    235 Cannon HOB
    Washington, DC 20515

    ReplyDelete
  5. are we sending blue envelopes with our story to CNN?

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a fellow Canadian, I will be mailing and emailing to Ellen and Oprah too. I know we live in a different country, but I feel we watch the same televisions shows, except for our news channels.

    ReplyDelete