Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back by popular demand

I tried to scrap this project but recieved mass objections :)

I put it back up, but with a few changes. Comments will be moderated and approved before posting and anonymous comments will not be accepted. If you want to add a comment and can't figure it out, email me at the address above and I'll add it for you. I also removed all supporters so that this is not affiliated with anyone. Just a website with an idea.

So here's the plan. If you don't want to participate, don't. I don't want to hear why, just move on.
  • We will send BLUE envelopes or postcards--you decide on the shade of blue you would like to use
  • We will randomly pick a date and I will let you know how that date is chosen
  • You can decide if you want to write a letter to include or just send empty envelopes

Jen had a great idea to come up with 5 facts about CDH and post them here. You can chose the fact(s) you like and write one on the back of each envelope/postcard. If you have a blog or Carepage or CaringBridge site, you can also include a link to it.

Feel free to link to this blog on your own sites, emails, etc.

9 comments:

  1. sounds awesome Kellie :-) Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if on the back we put something like

    Approximately 800 babies will die from CDH this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will do whatever we can to help. I am so glad you reconsidered :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kellie! I think that you have found a very diplomatic way to handle this and I have high hopes that it will truly make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Once you decide on a date I'll start spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are continuing with your project Kellie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm proud of you for taking the high road in all of this Kellie and for following your convictions in doing something good for all of these kids, and for making a difference. I know I don't have a CDH child, but I love Carter like my own, and I think it is sad that adults can't behave that way. Who are they really out there for? because from the outside looking in it doesn't seem like they really care about CDH families, only themselves. I say you do whatever it takes to make this work, and if they can't come together for an important cause like this, then they can just argue back and forth about the color of a stupid envelope and figure out who they are really fighting for while YOU are the one making a difference!!! Just all seems silly to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have missed the arguing post but I'm glad you're still doing it too- I posted yesterday about it asking my family & friends to help too so hopefully you'll get some more emails :)

    ReplyDelete